How to look good in an overcoat
Your Tailoring questions answered-
Q. I love to appear fashionable, especially working in the city, and would really like an overcoat that I can wear for warmth, comfort and that fits within the autumn/winter trends for this year. What can you suggest?
A. Autumn/winter this year offers the chance to mix fabric patterns; we recommend Holland and Sherry’s Pardessus fabric collection, perfect for overcoats during the winter months. A mixture of wool and cashmere it offers warmth and comfort, in a monochrome, black and white colour palettes, along with some incredible colours that will have heads turning. This selection will give a sharp, tailored look and compliment the suit underneath, making a good choice as a ‘to and from’ tailored coat around the city.
How to look good in an overcoat:
- Keep the look simple, opting for a plain colour
- Always have your overcoat fitted for optimum flattery
- Do add layers, wear a shirt with a v-neck
- If really cold, add a contrasting coloured scarf
- Experiment with different colours, such as camel and textured browns
For your own, unique bespoke overcoat by Alexandra Wood, contact us on 0203 369 8969