The top 5 things to think about when wearing a suit
- How much shirt cuff should show? Revealing 1/4” of shirt cuff is ideal. It looks elegant and shows that your suit really fits.
- Shirts are just as important as the suit. Choose a sturdy fabric with re-enforced collar and cuffs to make it look as sharp as possible.
- Length of the trousers. One crease, two… I generally say one, healthy crease and check that when you walk the trouser isn’t hovering above the top of the shoe.
- Fit of the jacket. The shoulder seams should sit in line with you your arm hole crease. Hugging them gently. The jacket should nip in slightly at the waist to create a flattering illusion.
- The colour of your suit. Choose a colour, tone and texture that works in harmony with your skin tone. Otherwise, it will only look like the suit is wearing you and not the other way round as it should.
Need more advice? Why not book in for a consultation with us to choose the suit that will work for you and your occasion.