made to measure wedding suits

What’s the process for a Made to Measure wedding suit?

We understand that planning the best day of your life can be stressful and high pressured. From your guest list to the finer details there’s so much to be thought about and organised. As the groom, not knowing where to start with your made to measure wedding suit can add to this. We like to ensure our grooms feel excited but also relaxed when they come to us, we walk you through the process of creating your suit, so that it’s simple and painless and leaves you to planning your stag do! (And of course, helping your fiance choose the flowers!)

When should I book my appointment?

Our busiest times are between February – July for wedding suits. We only take on a certain amount of designs per month to ensure our grooms get the best service possible so we advise you book your first appointment 3 months prior to your wedding date. If you get in touch and your wedding is just a few weeks away then we may not always have the availability to book you in and if we can, an express charge may be payable. So to avoid extra stress and paying more than necessary, try to plan ahead and get booked in nice and early.

What can I expect from my appointments?

Your first appointment will be 1 hour long. This allows enough time for us to go through ideas and styles and also show you the wide range of fabrics you can choose from. While we do design for you and advise on the best styles, colours and fit for you, it’s certainly wise to have an idea of what colour or style you’d like. It’s also a good idea to have a discussion with your fiancé, planner or groomsmen before you make any appointment with a tailor.

We also advise that you bring a shirt and some shoes in a similar style to what you’ll wear on the day so that you can easily try on our master models. Once you’ve chosen your fabric and style and have had your measurements taken by one of our tailors, you will then pay a 70% deposit upon your order. You will then pay the remaining 30% balance when you come for your first fitting. Which leads us nicely into fittings…

Fittings

When your suit is ready for your first fitting, we’ll be in touch and book you in for a 30 minute appointment. The reveal is exciting and we love seeing pieces come together, however, you may need 2 or 3 fittings to ensure your suit is absolutely perfect. With made to measure, your suit will be fully created on your first fitting but there may be further alterations needed.

All in all, it’s a process which we want to be enjoyable and exciting for our grooms as well as ensuring it’s a painless and stress-free experience!

AW tips on booking your made to measure wedding suit appointment

1- Have a clear idea of what you like and what will suit the rest of your day.

2 – Have a price range in mind and choose and check with your chosen tailor that this is possible.

3 – Choose a tailor who fits the style you like
Tailors get incredibly busy during the peak months and you will be expected to make an order on your appointment date. We offer calls for any information needed prior to making any decisions.

Please only make an appointment when you’re wishing to proceed with your suit order.

For any questions please call and we will have one of our tailors talk through the process with you. We’re always more than happy to answer questions over the phone prior to an appointment being made.

BOOK A CALL

Want to get the ball rolling with your made to measure wedding suit for next year? Schedule in your visit with us.