How to dress like Bond
“The name’s Bond, James Bond.” Daniel Craig is just perfect for the part! With the newly released Spectre, 007’s style is the epitome of English, menswear suit tailoring. Sharp is the key and we’re not talking about one of his latest lethal weapons, no, no. We are referring to Bond’s suit tailoring, and why it works so damn well.
We’re going to help you achieve the the ultimate 007 look. Initially without clothes, oh cheeky. Step one, forget pumping iron at the gym for today and practice on your posture, are you standing or sitting upright?
Once you’ve achieved a Daniel Craig worthy stance the transition from ordinary man, to secret agent is a walk in the park and can be done 007 crime fighting style. His rippling muscles and poise are portrayed, not just by Daniel Craig but by his outfits.
Discover the fit right for your body shape, and you’ve just found out how to unlock the ultimate wardrobe. No secrets, it really is that simple.
The question is, what are your best bits? These top 5 tips are what the emphasis should be on.
- Trim waist and broad shoulders, then you’ve won the genetic lottery like Daniel. Don’t hide under ill fitting, baggy clothing. Show the world. With slim fitting suits, cut for broad shoulders.
- Insane arms & toned legs show us, whilst concealing, less favourable areas, e.g. that mischievous beer belly. With classic fit jackets and straight leg trousers.
- Slim and toned chap, we’ll help you bulk. With tailored fit and strong, subtle, shoulder pads. The right fit, believe it or not also contributes to the way you move. Whether you’re avoiding a villain, leaping over a burning car or dodging a bullet. Sometimes rush hour can certainly feel like it.
- If you’re struggling to have Bonds shape, mask and form your own shape by wearing heavier weight fabrics that allow you to manipulate your form.
- Whatever your build, wear sharp, sinister colours such as silvery, tonic greys and plain black with a gleam. Colours that slim and say you’re not a guy to be messed with.
Once you’ve decided on your best shape. Follow this wardrobe recipe, for the ultimate top 10 tips to look like Daniel Craig:
- One classic black bow tie
- Sharp grey bespoke tonic suit
- A pair of silver cufflinks
- An appropriate fitting sharp, black two piece bespoke dinner suit, with a shawl lapel made in a heavy weight fabric.
- Crisp white shirt, with concealed buttons
- One white pocket square
- A pair of patent black dress shoes
- Your favourite gadget
- A spritz of understated aftershave. We love Fahrenheit by Dior.
- And of course, don’t forget your Aston Martin. DB9 or DB10, we’re not fussed…
Now go get the leading lady in your life. Whether this Bond girl is already be yours or not, we’re certain at AW that following our tips, she will want to live out a 007 fantasy by your side.
Now you’ve the got the hang of evening attire, the transition between smart to casual is easy. Swap your jacket for a navy cashmere jumper. Tuck your shirt in. Ditch the bow tie, for a straight tie and you’re good to go.
Other aspects to consider are colour and fabric weight. Choices, choices, and Daniel’s style is just as dependent on his complexion as it is on the mission in hand. He may be the fairest of all the Bond’s, but whilst he dons a mixture of English man greys, shades of blue cashmere, khaki tweeds and taupe corduroy. The classic, understated black, contrasts and suits him down to ground, take note all you, shaken, not stirred blondies!
Written by Jasmine Ives-Keeler