How to dress over the age of 40
What to do when you hit 40?
People make assumptions on you purely based on what you wear, so what would you like your first impression to be?
So how should you dress?
Here are some easy ways to choose the right clothing for you:
- Find the right shoulder fit first. Your shoulder line should be gently hugging and replicate a right angle.
- Ensure your trouser rise isn’t too high, with too much fabric this can look ageing and sloppy.
- Invest in quality clothing, with the theory less is more being your guide
- Have a couple of super sharp suits in your wardrobe ready for important meetings
- If you like to wear jeans, make sure they’re fitted, dark and with no fading
- Experiment with ties, with textures, rich colours. If in doubt opt for subtle over wacky
- Choose a variety of colours. Softer blues, mid greys and earthy tones tend to look better as you age
- Fit is key, there’s a perfect balance between too fitted and sloppy
- Be prepared: Consider your lifestyle and be ready to go, as and when you need certain items of clothing
- Never forget your basics: white crew neck t-shirts, merino sweaters, chunky knits, a couple of coat options such as an overcoat and pea coat, fitted trousers, sports jackets, suits, quality shirts and an assortment of classic ties and accessories
We offer style consultations as part of our wardrobe packages, where we find out about you and your lifestyle, design and create your entire wardrobe, so that you’re ready for any occasion. Contact us to book